Alright everyone, here we go! I know I kicked at it for awhile... and whined saying that I would never do it.... well I'm doing it... starting a blog. I don't promise that it will be updated ALL the time but I am going to try and help everyone stay current on what is going on with us. (I just hope this doesn't become the "go to blog" that you all come to on those nights when you can't fall asleep in the hopes that by reading it your insomnia will disolve away!) :)
Just to bring you up to date, we are loving our life right now!! We have the cutest kid in the world, Danielle Renae (5 mo.), and are adjusting to parenthood "farily well." :) Dani brings us interesting surprises just about every day but we are learning, and we are loving her more and more. (If that were even possible). She is getting teasingly close to sitting on her own and rolls all over the place. She is also getting better at scooting which means I have some nesting and decluttering to do around the house to make sure she doesn't get into things that she's not supposed to.
She's laughing more and more spontaniously, just in the last couple of days, which is so cute! I don't even know what she finds funny most of the time but I love to hear her laugh. Dani has also started eating solids. She's liked everything she has tried so far except for rice cereal. That means her menu currently consists of oatmeal (usually with bananas), green beans, squash and peas.
I'm still working on completing my medical transcription certification. Once I do I will be working from home to help bring in a little extra cash. I'm excited about it. I'm really enjoying the class work and the test reports. I think I'll really enjoy working as a transcriptionist and it will allow me to stay home with Dani which is my main motivation.
Travis is still working for the farm. It's what he loves to do and we love that he is always close to home. I love that Dani gets to see him in the middle of the day. It's great that she gets some interaction with her Daddy since sometimes she is asleep when he gets up in the morning and when he gets home at night. She always gets the biggest smile on her face when he comes in the door. I love it! There are times that he HAS to be the one to feed her because when he's in the room that is where all of her attention is at. She sure loves her Daddy. Don't worry, she saves some of those smiles for me too. :)
I guess that is all for now. Hopefully I won't wait too long to get back on again and let you all know what is going on with us. (You 1am readers will get tired of putting yourself to sleep with the same stories). :)
3 comments:
I am so one of those one 1am readers! :)
Glad things are going so well! She is so cute! I am glad that we got to see you the other day for a short bit, and am looking forward to seeing you in a couple days! :)
Yay! You did it! Now you are making me feel like i need to be doing better keeping everyone updated.
Welcome to the blog club! I tried to invite you to my blog but I only have Travis' email so I invited him. You'll have to give me your email address if you have a different one.
Post a Comment